TE Wire & Cable has always been committed to quality management and creating the best products possible for our customers. We interviewed Raysa Acosta, our very own quality control supervisor, about TE Wire's ISO 9001:2015 Certification. This is Part 1 of our Q&A, focusing on why this certification matters to TE Wire customers, and how this sets us apart as a company.
Q1: When did we complete the audit and/or receive the final issued report of completion?
- A: We completed our ISO 9001:2015 Transition Audit on December 21 2017, and received the report on January 16, 2018.
Q2: Why is ISO 9001:2015 important to TEW customers?
- A: By having our ISO certifications, it affirms to our customers that TE Wire is adhering to the required standards and meeting their specific requirements. It also indicates that we are maintaining premium quality in product and service.
Q3: Why should TEW customers care about it?
- A: At TE Wire, quality means whatever we produce will work as our customers expect it to. Our products, operations, and services are consistent day in and day out. This is important to our customers, because this results in fewer complaints and increased customer satisfaction. Customers should care about ISO, because it allows companies such as TE Wire, to enforce the culture of premium Quality within the company.
Q4: How does having this certification benefit TEW customers?
- A: Sustaining an effective Quality Management System allows TE Wire’s processes to improve, become more consistent, and achieve our objectives. These types of process controls results in decreased waste, higher quality and efficiency, which in turn means faster OTD, reduced RMA, CARs, and overall higher customer satisfaction and reliability for our customers. Since having an ISO certifications indicates that the manufacture has the tools necessary to maintain a well-developed quality management system, there may possibly be a lesser need for customer quality audits. This can be very useful for customers, since they can focus their resources on more important business aspects instead.
Q5: How does this differentiate TE Wire from competitors?
- A: TE Wire is consistently finding ways to improve the quality of our products and services, boost efficiency, and offer customers more value. TE Wire has always worked on building a culture of pride in Quality within the workforce, and this is reflected in the products and services that we offer. We are not only certified to ISO 9001 (Quality management systems), but also to ISO 17025 (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories). We are devoted to continuously exceeding our customers’ expectations for high quality with every order we fulfill.